To recognize and pay tribute to their
achievement, perpetuate their memory
and build upon their traditions
To honor and preserve Shasta county's rich sports heritage, recognize and chronicle the achievements of those who excelled or contributed significantly, and provide an educational experience, all in a manner that enhances the image of Shasta county and sports.
- To honor by enshrinement in the Shasta County Sports Hall of Fame those persons who have achieved or made outstanding contributions in the sports field.
- To honor outstanding sport events and feats by individuals and teams.
- To educate residents and visitors of the rich and deep sports heritage of Shasta county.
- To inspire people, especially youth, to aspire to lofty goals.
- To encourage all persons to uphold the high standards of sports, both amateur and professional.
- To preserve records and historical items of significance.
To be eligible for enshrinement in the Shasta County Sports Hall of Fame a nominee should have
- Been born in Shasta county and/or
- Attended school in Shasta county and/or
- Had primary residence in Shasta county while active in sport endeavor and/or
- Performed in Shasta county and/or made significant contributions to sports in Shasta county, the nation or the world, either as a competitor, coach, manager or general benefactor.
- Must have had outstanding success as a competitor (excelled) at the highest national or international level of competition. (If nominated in the athlete category).
- Should be retired from competition or coaching at least two (2) years if nominated in athlete, coach or manager category.
- Exhibited integrity, sportsmanship, good citizenship and character; however, the "athlete" is judged primarily on his/her accomplishments in their chosen sport.
Shasta County Sports Hall of Fame
The Active 20-30 Club of Redding
Please Send Correspondence to:Shasta County Sports Hall of FameC/O Active 20-30 Club of ReddingPO Box 991566Redding, CA 96099-1566